A&B Scaffold Engineering is committed to maintaining your personal data in compliance with the relevant data protection legislation which includes, but is not limited to, the Personal Data Protection Act 2020 (PDPA) of Singapore.
The use of the word “processing” in this Policy is intended to include such actions as collecting, recording, handling, using, storing, transferring, and disclosing your personal data.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
Personal data may refer to any online or offline information, whether true or not, that identifies a person or makes a person identifiable. This includes, but is not limited to names, addresses, usernames and passwords, photographs, social security numbers, personal identification numbers, financial data, and employment-related information.
Clients: To enable us to communicate with you, we need to have certain details of yours or details of individual contacts at your organisation (such as names, telephone numbers, and email addresses). We may also need to have certain personal data to meet our contractual obligations with you, as well as to send you services-related and other marketing materials if you have given us your consent to do so.
Website users: We do not collect personal data that can identify anonymous users on our website. We collect a limited amount of information to help improve your experience when using our website. This includes anonymous information such as the frequency with which you access our website, and the times that our website is most visited, we will not be able to identify you from these data.
A&B Scaffold Engineering will ask our website users for their personal data only if they wish to stay in touch, provide feedback about any of our products or services and download our brochures. For these users, A&B Scaffold Engineering may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Personal identification and verification,
- To allow A&B Scaffold Engineering to respond to your requests and provide feedback,
- To allow A&B Scaffold Engineering to contact you for the service(s) or opportunities, including employment opportunities, as requested by you,
- To conduct research, analysis or development activities to enhance products or services offered on this website, and/or for A&B Scaffold Engineering business operations and purposes,
- To facilitate or manage any business transaction(s) with you,
- To inform you of events, industry updates or market developments, or other information that A&B Scaffold Engineering considers to be relevant and of interest to you according to your requests/feedback/services,
- To carry out due diligence and other screening activities, or to prevent or investigate any fraud or breach of contract, or unlawful activity,
- For any other additional purposes that is consistent with the original purpose for which the personal data was given.
If you do not provide the information requested, this may limit our ability to respond to your request(s) or feedback may be limited.
A&B Scaffold Engineering will first seek your permission if we wish to process your personal data for any other purposes.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
A&B Scaffold Engineering’s objective is to use the information you provide to better understand your requirements and provide information to you on products and services that are most relevant to you.
To achieve this objective, as well as other legal, regulatory, and contractual obligations, we may need to share some personal data we process with third parties. These third parties may be located within or outside your country. They will be required to keep your information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we are permitted to use it.
The list below contains a description of the types of organisations with which we may need to share some of the personal data we process:
- Business associates, other professional bodies, and advisors
- Central and local government
- Courts and tribunals
- Credit reference, debt collection, and tracing agencies
- Current, past, and prospective employers
- Employment and recruitment agencies
- Education and examining bodies
- Law enforcement and prosecuting authorities
- Suppliers and services providers
- A&B Scaffold Engineering will not sell, rent or trade your personal information.
We have put in place reasonable measures to ensure that any necessary transfer of personal data cross border is protected and complies with the applicable data protection laws.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
A&B Scaffold Engineering will retain your personal data for a reasonable period for the purposes for which it was obtained, or until you request for A&B Scaffold Engineering to delete your personal data (if the circumstances allow) or as required by law, whichever arrives first.
Retention of specific records may be necessary for one or more of the following reasons:
- Fulfilling statutory or other regulatory requirements
- Evidencing events/agreements in case of disputes
- Operational needs
- Historical and statistical purposes
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
In situations where we request and receive your consent to process your personal data, you can exercise your right to withdraw your consent at any time by writing to the PDPA Officer. Withdrawal of consent to allow us to send you marketing material can also be made by clicking on the unsubscribe option at the bottom of each marketing email sent to you. Please note that if you have subscribed to more than one list, unsubscribing from that list will not automatically unsubscribe you from another list if you are also subscribed to it.
Withdrawal of consent cannot be back-dated so it has no effect on processing already performed during the period of consent. Please note that withdrawal of consent might affect A&B Scaffold Engineering’s ability to either respond to your request(s) or provide important service notifications in the future.
A&B Scaffold Engineering has put in place robust policies and security arrangements to protect the personal data it processes from misuse, loss, and unauthorised access. A&B Scaffold Engineering ensures that only authorised employees and necessary third parties have access to personal data held by us.
However, no electronic system can be entirely secured from unauthorised invasion. Accordingly, A&B Scaffold Engineering cannot guarantee the absolute security of any personal data held in our electronic storage system, or that no harmful code will enter our website. You will be informed promptly once we become aware that your Personal Data held by us have been accessed in an unauthorized manner. You are advised to take note of the risks and exercise any necessary precautions.
A&B Scaffold Engineering is not responsible for the content or privacy practices used by websites that are linked to or from this website.
Cookies are small text files that are placed onto internet-enabled devices when you visit a website to recognise a device upon recurring visits, and in turn, enable a website’s features and functionalities.
When you use our website, our Internet Service Provider (“ISP”) will record and log information about your visit including:
- your IP address, server address and top-level domain name (eg. .com, .gov, etc),
- the date and time of your visit, or when entering from another website, the address of that website,
- the pages and documents you access during your visit, and
- the type of browser, plug-ins, and other technologies you are using.
This information may be collected using cookies. This information is collected anonymously for statistical purposes to help us understand how people use this website and allow us to improve our website structure and content. A&B Scaffold Engineering will not attempt to identify individual users and will not collect any personal data using cookies.
For further information on Cookies such as deleting, disabling, or blocking cookies, please visit AboutCookies.org. For more specific information on how to adjust cookies configurations, please refer to your specific browser.
CHANGES TO POLICY
A&B Scaffold Engineering may make changes to this Policy from time to time for any reason and will publish an amended version of this Policy on this website. You are encouraged to check back here for any updates.
Telephone:(65) 6272 9787
Address: #02-26, Soon Lee Street, No. 1 Pioneer Centre, Singapore (627605)
Last updated: 1 August 2021